Meet Bowman & Smith’s, Wm. Michael Smith
Michael was admitted to the Arizona Bar in 1969; Arizona and U.S. District Court, District of Arizona; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit; U.S. Supreme Court.
Michael has represented defendants in cases ranging from Capital Murder to DUI. He has over 40 years of extensive trial experience in both major criminal defense and serious injury cases. In addition, he has also received the 2016 AV Preeminent Award, a peer-rated award for the highest level of professional excellence on lawyers.com.
University of Arizona (B.S., 1966; J.D., 1969).
Criminal Defense, Personal Injury Law, Public Law, Indian and Gaming Law.
- County Attorney, Yuma County, Arizona, 1971-1975
- Member and President, Board of Education, Yuma School District #1, Yuma, Arizona, 1976
- Member, Board of Directors, 1976-1991 and Chairman, 1984 and 1990, Yuma Regional Medical Center
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Arizona Voluntary Hospital Federation, 1991
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Yuma County Bar Association (President, 1980)
- Arizona County Attorneys' Association (President, 1974)
- Yuma Area Law Enforcement Association (President, 1974)
- Special Deputy Yuma County Attorney, 1983-present
- General Counsel, Cocopah Indian Tribe, 1983-present
- 2016 AV Preeminent Award
Contact Wm. Michael Smith
Michael looks forward to assisting you with your case and will be happy to discuss options with you. Give him a call today to start.